twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

LACK OF MOTIVATION to workout...?

I am struggling to find motivation to workout. Someone please help me! How do you all keep motivated to workout/run? I used to be in great physical shape, now I'm just a few pounds over what I want, but more importanty I'm uncomfortable with how ineffective my body is now! I just want to get back into shape, but I'm struggling with the daily motivation part... how do you do it!? I am motivated to get into shape, big picture. but I am struggling with the motivation for the day-to-day actual workout...PS- I'm a 23 y/o female
Answer:
It helps me to try to look forward to working out all day. When you get up, think about what you need to do that day, and mentally schedule a time for yourself to workout. Keep picturing yourself working out at that time. And imagine yourself doing what you're going to be doing, running or watever it is. Just keep thinking about it when you have a free second.
Also, if you are having a tough workout week, try buying a new pair of workout shoes, or pants, or shirt, or fantasize about how hott you'll look if you keep working out.
Try to mix up your workout every couple weeks to keep it exciting. Try weights for a couple weeks, then a mix of wieghts and running, then a mix of running and skiing, ETC.
I hope that helps you!
It's easy to lose motivation. Join your local Family Y. If you like to read, tell yourself that you can only read as your riding a bike at the gym. Listen to fast music while you do the elliptical. Walk...I promise the more you do the better it gets. And...keep telling yourself, "Being here makes me stronger!" I'm a fiend for self power and that usually keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net