twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ive stopped smoking and became addicted to crisps?

what can i do im addicted to cheesy deretos.
Answer:
Congrats on giving up smoking I gave up a few months ago and it is hard. i substuted a ciggy for chewing gum and mints as I thought less fattening however i made that many trips to toilet as did not realise the mints had laxatives in them lol.
Try and find a crisp low in fat/salt other wise you will gain weight.
I also used Nicarette gum to take away craving of ciggy this helped no end and didnt snack.
Good luck deretos are nice lol
Well it's healthier than the smoking. if you have to do one, stick with the one you got.
Wean yourself off them buy eating Wotsits, then after Wotsits you can begin eating harmless cardboard. The taste is very similar.
For the time being i am guessing being addicted to doritos is way better then being addicted to smoking, i'm sure it will only be a temporary addiction and no where near as harming. Do be careful though, maybe try snacking on grapes or something healthy?
Ive given up too and im addicted to food,any food,ive put 16lb on in 4 months.
Hahaha, I love Doritos! Anyways... When people stop an addiction they've had, they always become addicted to something else. Addiction is more of a personality than an actual ingrediant (despite what they think about nicotine).Congrats on quitting though. My advice, is quit doritos like you quit smoking and find something else to get addicted to thats better.
Go with it at the moment. Once you have got rid of all the nicotene in your body you will naturally stop craving the snacks
It seems to me that you change one habit for another, I think that maybe you took the decision of quiting smoking but you are not so sure about it, I mean that you are not completely committed to quit and you substitute the cigarettes to crisps. I don't think that they can do you much harm maybe you could gain so weight but eventually if you don't internalize the reasons why you should not smoke again you could smoke again. I'm telling you this because that happened to me. After 8 years of smoking I quit and I only spent 1 year without smoking. Now I've done it again and I think for good I quit ! I have more than one year without smoking and I don't think I could fall again, but the difference this time is my internal attitude. You can do it!
It's very common to substitute one addiction for another. The problem with smoking is you have to conquer both the physiological addiction and the psychological addiction. You are probably over the physiological side of it now so work on the psychological side and get rid of the crisp, unless you want to be really fat that is. Consider your trigger points. What sparks of the need to snack? You will probably find there are particular times of day, situations or even sounds which you associate with smoking and now with cheesy doritos. That triggers the psychological need. Once you know what those are you can either avoid them, or find a less destructive activity to indulge in.Good luck, but remember the crisp addiction, though unhealthy, is less unhealthy, cheaper and doesn't damage anybody elses health.
Well done m8, good lad u will feel the benefit in time to come. Just dont be tempted to start again.
When I quit smoking I was the same way and so was my hubby. Most smokers have an oral fixation, we just have this thing about putting stuff in our mouths. Make an effort to replace the Doritos with a healthy snack. I can't stress the importance of exercising enough. Working out does wonders for getting you back on track to good health and it's a much better habit than bad snacking. Good luck!
It certainly is healthier than smoking however just keep working on and you should be golden
Congratulations for quitting smoking. You need to find another thing to snack on instead of Doritos. Something healthy like fruit or veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net