twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Losing Weight! Any Advice?

okay. I am 14 years old and I weigh 126 pounds. I like my figure but I wish I could lose some more weight. At the beginning of the summer of 06' I weighed 134 pounds and over the summer I lost some weight because of doing sit-ups and push-ups. I know I weigh okay for my age. I mean, I`m not fat, but I`m not too skinny either. I want to weigh about 115 pounds by the end of May. Any Advice?
Answer:
Honey, if your not fat please don't become obsessed with losing weight. You're only 14 years old and you're still growing . It's only natural that you are going to get heavier. Keep up the exercise, stay healthy and don't try to look like those super models. I personally don't find them that attractive. There are many guys out there, like me, who would rather see a natural looking woman than some starved, artificially skinny woman. As your handle says, be yourself, don't try to be an unhealthy reproduction of what somebody else is trying to sell you. Love yourself.
You've got 3 months to lose 11 pounds. That means roughly about 3.5 pounds per month or in round figures, about 3/4th to 1 pound a week should be more than adequate. These are just a few ideas: By all means have a good breakfast. You will usually work off the calories you have for breakfast if you don't overeat! Have a light snack in the mid morning and mid afternoon. Fruit or low-cal milk or crackers is good. Also have one of these for the late night munchies. It would help to have a friend who also wants to lose weight. Keep a journal of what you eat and if you have lost any weight by the end of the week. If I were you, I would weigh myself only once a week. Drink plenty of water! Soft drinks don't count as water. Everyone knows that fried foods are fattening and the less that you have the better. If you are served fried potatoes, share half of them with a friend! Perhaps you will decide that you are going to cut out at least one thing you have every day....it will be like a 3-month fast! Maybe if you have 2 candy bars a day....cut out 1 of them. Perhaps you have 2 or 3 soft drinks a day...cut out 1 of them. You can cut calories by brisk walking. Maybe you have a friend who can do this with you. If you bicycle briskly at 13.5 miles/hour you will burn 100 calories in just 15 minutes. That is fun and a great way to burn up calories. Exercise will help. Also, cutting down portions that you eat will help. DON'T STARVE! Eat healthy and eat lightly and eat often throughout the day. It is not necessary to go hungry in order to lose weight. Watch what you eat, control the portions that you eat and get some exersize at least 3-4 times a week. YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net