twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Losing too much weight?

About three months ago I had an upper respiratory infection %26 bronchitis. After that I lost my appetite and just didn't gain it back. I have lost between 15-20 lbs. I have been overweight since puberty and I am only 19 but have lost all this weight. I needed to lose this weight but I am scared that I am losing it too rapidly. I actually have to make myself eat some mornings in fear I will make myself sick. Some advice please?
Answer:
I would go to the doctor and talk to him about it. Losing that much weight after an uncomplicated upper respiratory infection is not normal!
eat.
drink a vitamin drink...and alot of things in liquid forms.
Something is still going on so make an appointment to see your doc and find out what is going on.
i would keep doing things regularly but if it gets serious go to a doctor
Go see your doctor again and tell him/her your situation. You may have a second infection, or something else. Feel better soon.
You'll be fine, unless you continue to lose. If you keep losing then see a doctor for any possible other reasons, but if you were over weight and have lost 15-20 lbs, then don't worry.
get yourself checked
OK, I know what you're thinking, but let's not worry yet. The illness will certainly leave you weak for a while, and no doubt your eating habits changed when you became ill. It may take a while to get your appetite back. When I had pneumonia and other stuff, it was 2 months before I could manage to walk to the gate. When you were ill, did you have any tests done, bloods, phlegm samples, x-rays? These would have ruled out the worst case scenario. You need to see your doctor and explain all this to him. You may have another illness, not connected to the original one, but one that can be treated. Only your doc can give you a diagnosis. Hope you get things sorted out soon. Good luck
Its unhealthy when your doctor says so. If you are hungry than you should eat. Eat small snacks like fruits and veggies.
Though you don't give a time frame on how much weight you lost, 15-20 for you may not be that bad in say..4 weeks or so.
Also sounds like a stress issue, the heart can make you do all kinds of things, and a bad breakup= depressed for sure.
Try not to take it out on your body, your smart, and you know what your body needs to take care of you. Put you first!
Fresh air can bring a new outlook on things (Walk) and a good bunch of friends to hang out with helps also.
wishing you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net